2019/08/13: An Update On Uniclass 2015
Uniclass is a consistent classification structure for all disciplines in the construction industry. It contains tables classifying items of any scale from a large facility such as a railway, down to products such as a CCTV camera in a railway station.
It’s an essential way of identifying and managing the vast amount of information that’s involved in a project, and it’s a requirement for BIM projects, as set by the BS EN ISO 19650 series of standards.
For more information see:
Uniclass 2 was developed to produce a classification system for structuring information that is freely available for all participants throughout the life cycle of a project and beyond, which is endorsed by all construction and property bodies and professional institutions. It is dynamic, available online in various formats and managed by a team of experts who will monitor requests, update and control versioning.
The tables available in this tool are ready for use in applications to test their usability. Where missing classifications are identified they should be notified to the CPI Committee Secretary directly at email@example.com so that they can be added centrally for all to use. All comments and feedback are invited so that a national standard can be achieved for use by all.
The fully searchable Uniclass2 system is available for use at the link below:
Uniclass2 by Construction Project Information Committee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Uniclass Development Release Individual PDF Downloads
- Co Complexes to replace part of Table D – new revision June 2013
- En Entities to replace table E – new revision June 2013
- Ac Activities to partially replace Table D – new revision May 2013
- Sp Spaces to replace Table F – new revision May 2013
- EF Entities by Form – first public revision September 2013
- Ee Elements to replace Tables G and H – new revision June 2013
- Ss Systems new to Uniclass – new revision June 2013
- Pr Products to replace table L – new version May 2013
- ZZ CAD new to Uniclass
- PP Phases new to Uniclass
- WR Work results to replace tables J and K – new revision February 2013
- WS Work results structure for specifications
BuildingSMART Data Dictionary
The BuildingSMART Data Dictionary (bSDD) is an ISO 12006-3 based ontology for the building and construction industry, which includes tables from the Uniclass classification system. For more information on the bSDD see http://bsdd.buildingsmart.org/
Open Data Certificate
The Uniclass and Uniclass2 systems are now certified as Open Data with the Open Data Institute (www.odi.org).
Last updated: December 17, 2019 at 22:18 pm